FIRE!!!

One Direction's Liam Payne narrowly escaped a dangerous situation when a fire erupted on the balcony of his 34th story penthouse apartment in London. Liam made it out unscathed, but his friend Andy Samuels was rushed to the hospital for some bad burns. 

WATCH: One Direction Brings Down the House on 'America's Got Talent'

So how did this fire start? Of course Twitter has the answer. Right before the fire started, Andy tweeted, "Fo show straight up gangsta BBQ in da clouds ya feel." 

A lot of slang for one tweet, but the situation was made clear. It was a barbeque gone wrong. Andy was reportedly trying to put fuel into a heater and caught on fire in the process. So terrifying. He was rushed to the hospital and has suffered severe burns on his upper body.

Liam -- who said in the 1D doc This Is Us that he wanted to be a firefighter when he was little -- was in the kitchen when the heater erupted. He ran out to help his friend and put out the flames.

SO SCARY. We're glad they're both safe -- and wish his friend a speedy recovery!